THE MARITIME STANDARD AWARDS ENTRY TERMS:
By entering a nomination for The Maritime Standard Awards, the entrant and nominee agree to the following terms:-
- The work that is being submitted is the nominee’s original work.
- That the entrant and nominee have sufficient rights to the material submitted.
- That these rights have been legally obtained and do not infringe on any third party rights.
- All entries submitted become the property of The Maritime Standard and will not be returned. The Maritime Standard reserves the right to forward these entries to the Judging Panel.
- By submitting an entry for The Maritime Standard Awards, all entrants and nominees, be it individuals, companies or organisations, agree to accept the final decision of the Judging Panel. The rulings and decisions of the Judges are final and binding. The Maritime Standard will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with any entrants or nominees nor will TMS accept any submissions, representations or appeals with regard to such decision.
- The Nominee is aware and understands that the finalists and winners will be announced by The Maritime Standard in marketing and press communications as well as on The Maritime Standard Awards website, and that their names, profiles, testimonials and photos will be displayed.
- Information which is not in the public domain and is marked in the entry as confidential shall be treated as confidential by The Maritime Standard and the Jury. The Maritime Standard shall not be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information submitted, but shall use reasonable efforts to keep such information confidential.
- The Maritime Standard accepts no liability for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission and proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt.
- The entries will be pre-assessed before being judged by the panel to ensure the submission is complete and complies with the entry guidelines and format. Ineligible entries may be disqualified at any phase of the entry period without notification.
- Nominees agree to compensate The Maritime Standard for all liability, claims, demands, losses, expenses, and costs resulting from participants’ violations of this agreement or any part thereof.
- The Maritime Standard does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, theft, IP infringement suffered by any nominee entering into TMS Awards or as a result of participating in it.
- The Maritime Standard is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to TMS Awards.
- The manner and details of announcing that a nominee has become a finalist or won an award is strictly within the discretion of The Maritime Standard. These are non-cash awards.
- The Maritime Standard reserves the right to terminate or modify the award categories, nomination criteria, entry guidelines and these terms and conditions at any time.
- The Maritime Standard Awards Entry Guidelines and Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of UAE. The courts of the UAE have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise in connection with the Entry Guidelines and Terms and Conditions